I have been researching Single Tasking for several years now, and I am convinced that it is the most efficient way of working. I have yet, however, found a way to successfully implement the idea, and even though there are lots of "systems" and "apps" out there that claim to help with it, none of them really do it for me.
So, I am going to create a "system" and an "app" to make this work the way I think it should work. It might take a while, but watch this space. I expect to be able to show you something in the next few months. If you are interested in keeping up to date with progress, please send in an enquiry with the work "Single Tasking" in the message box.
In my head so far are these elements:
* Being shown just 1 task to do next
* "Gamifying" the progress so you get an efficiency score for the hour or the day or the week or the month
* Auto-prioritisation of the tasks (the system will work out what you should do next)
* Incorporation of GTD principles (e.g. some items have to go to Calendar, but others are on the freeform list and to be worked on when you have time to do non-scheduled tasks)
* A concept of "Velocity" that can be used to potentially provide estimates for when any particular task will get completed
That is it for now. I'll give you more details as it progresses.